2008-11-07

The Shortlist


So, I've been thinking a lot lately about my favorite albums of 2008 in preparation for putting together my Top Ten of 2008. In no particular order, here's the shortlist:

Portishead - Third
Beach House - Devotion
Fujiya & Miyagi - Lightbulbs
Cat Power - Jukebox
Portugal. The Man - Censored Colors
Talkdemonic - Eyes at Half Mast
These New Puritans - Beat Pyramid
The Kills - Midnight Boom
Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles
TVOTR - Dear Science,
Amanda Palmer - Who Killed Amanda Palmer
Ratatat - LP3
Clinic - Do It!

There are a few more that I haven't listed because I haven't been diligent about listening to them start to stop in one sitting. Please let me know if there's something you think I need to listen to before I make my final verdict, I know I've missed a lot of releases this year.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Have you listened to the new Deerhunter yet? Good stuff.