2008-11-27

B.Less


I subjected Eric to this rant the other night so I'll try to keep this concise.

I am so fucking sick of the 80s music revival and the B.More trend in particular. There's nothing worse than making so many half-decent tracks from the 80s sound exactly the same, and subsequently getting them stuck in all of our heads. When will it die? Eric made the argument that if you made a playlist of the exact same tracks, minus the remix, how would that go over in a club? My answer: It would suck. It would be like any other lame Tuesday night in some shitty bar. Can we please exercise just a little bit more ADD when it comes to this genre? Please? For the greater good?

And now, to be a complete hypocrite (because, what's better?) I present this little ditty via White Folks Get Crunk (who may one day soon be featuring one of our resident contributors...) It's hard for me to not love it because it's Hall & Oates and thusly makes me think of Ol' O-Face, but even still, the B.More leaves me wanting something more, or maybe just the original...


3 comments:

E.Louise said...

right, you're right. my solution to this mixed-up remixed mix-tape dilemma is simply to... well, i just give a damn; therefore, i don't possess a solution
i'm glad no one remixes blood for blood. i would show them what the muthahfukkin' bruises are for.
uhm, i meant to type "duuur, i like the new picture. David? durrr.....omgiwantacigarettesobad" but that first paragraph came out instead.
missoula.. tomorrow. por vida.
xoxo-e.louise

O-Face said...

omg louise are you drunk?

p.s. the song doesnt work, steve. make it right?

Ryan said...

FIXED!