2008-11-24

A Mixtape! (is coming)


I know that Ben, Tony and I all talked about making a mixtape before we left Missoula but the combination of the hassles of moving, disillusionment and marijuana meant that the project was essentially put on hiatus (I fully intend to complete the project, that's a fucking promise. I just hope the other two are on board). But I've decided that before I leave Missoula I will construct a meticulous mixtape that I intend to expose to the world of Missoula in a fiery blaze of eroticism (I mean awesomeness).

All I can say thus far is that it begins with Megasoid's amazing remix of perhaps another awesome dirty south rap group (whose mixtape came out on Mad Decent last week and is fucking trill!) Paper Route Gangstaz's "Rollin" that moves into my remix of Re-Up Gang's "Fast Life". That's all I have so far but expect it to move through the genres of rap, mash-ups, electro, indie and yes, Bmore. It should be including two of my own remixes and is sure to be laden with several of my mashups both of prior creation and impromptu as I make the tape. Since I'm running out of room in my apt and my turntables are packed away I'm using software. What DAW am I operating on you ask? Well I'm glad you did: Ableton Live. I'm thinking that I'm going to edit, slice and chop in ProTools though.

Why am I writing this? Because I'm bored and now I hope that you all hold me to it. Three weeks to finish it, should be cake. What is the handle I'm using while on this quest for mixtape glory? The First Folio. And the title of the mixtape is Ol' Billy Shake n' Bake's Sonnets of Departure.

Love to the World!

No comments: