2009-01-22

My Heart Belongs To PDX


Now that I've had some time to reflect, and have actually taken some photos, I wanted to share my wonderful world of Portland with you all.

I finally got to the zoo.

Dallas, that one's for you.


These two were unreal. It's crazy looking at an animal with a more distinct personality than some people I've met.

I know squirrels arent technically part of the zoo, but this one ran in front of us and then screamed. He was a keeper.


I grew some balls and tattooed myself. Shit sucked but the tattoo turned out great. I'll post a picture when it heals.


It was a practice round for tattooing my partner in crime, Justin.


Grandma polishing the rifle, something his sister drew for him.


He cooked me brunch to say thanks. Amazing.


Bakin' pies for dinner parties! Motherfucking Betty Crocker!


Cache's doppelganger on the left.

We all went to My Bloody Valentine in 3D afterwards. Its a fucking trip. Super cheesy flick but the 3D is totally b.a.n.a.n.a.s.

Speaking of Valentines Day...this is what I will be doing that night.


Top Ten Things I Love About Portland
1. Dinner parties
2. Good food everywhere. Missoula could take some notes.
3. Government aid system is amazing! Planned Parenthood gave me a years supply of the Pill plus about 40 condoms and 2 Plan B pills for FREE. And I qualify for Food Stamps so they give you almost $200 a month for food. Sometimes being unemployed for a bit isnt terrible. At least I know there's no way in hell I'll ever get knocked up and hungry.
4. There are about 8 bars that could be my regular bar.
5. The Mercury (weekly independent newspaper with a killer sense of humor)
6. Everytime I go out I always run into someone I know. Which is weird when you have never lived here.
7. Not having to pump my own gas. I've gotten used to it and it's kind of nice.
8. ART. EVERYWHERE.
9. MUSIC. EVERYWHERE.
10. Everyone I meet wants a tattoo. Thank Baby Jesus I'll be working at a shop soon.

Miss you guys. Hope you're all doing great in your respective cities.

7 comments:

Eric said...

Glad you're having a blast in the sister city to the south. I'm heading down there to visit my uncle in a few weeks, I'll give you the heads up.

Aa said...

Escape From New York Pizza. And all the Powell's book stores? And Stumptown? And last but certainly not least, Aalto Bar--named for the architect from Finland--not only is it after my heart with the whole 'Aa' thing, but it simply thrashes.

Damn, a sizable chunk of my burnin' love also belongs to the City of Roses...

O-Face said...

Yes I admit I forgot the Powell's...but there are a great many places-including the pizza and aalto bar-that i havent even been to yet. I need a job so I can afford to go out again.

Aa said...

It wasn't me that dropped the ball on the whole coffee job thing - I haven't heard anything back from them. Emma-effers...

O-Face said...

oh no worries, I'm finally about to start at the tattoo shop soon...although Im pretty sure I'll need a second job so if you do happen to hear from them let me know.

tinygrooves said...

o-face as soon as i have some money, i'll be flying out to portland with amanda so we can hang out and so that you can do my next tattoos........

yr tattoo pictures are making me jealous that my arm is not under yr art producing needles.....

O-Face said...

fuck yeah and by the time you get here im hopefully going to be even better.