2009-01-07

You Better Promise, or I'll Make You Drink the Kool-Aid.

I don't do New Years' resolutions. I wait until June, assess the year and its progress (and my progress) and make mid-year resolutions. This gives me enough time to turn shit around, but there's no *immediate* pressure to change. So, I'll post my resolutions in June.

That said, I have a life resolution for all of us:

Let's never be those people who sit in Flippers (or the equivalent of Flippers) and talk about the "wonders of modern technology". Specifically, let's never be those old guys drinking wine and smoking fucking nasty-ass cigars, talking about how we didn't know that Johnny Cash sang "Walk The Line" until our kids downloaded it onto their Zunes or iPods, and isn't that Limewire neat?

Can we all agree to that?

Thanks.

No comments: