2009-01-07

Radiowaves Can Be Annoying (or: I Don't Care About Afghanistan While I'm Trying To Record)


Not to take away from Ryan's very important post (you should read it), but I have an issue: I'm working on a Jay-Z remix right now. Rather than tracking the bass through a synth or through software (Reason or the like), I decided to go the route of picking up my bass guitar for the first time in years and laying down a line. First of all, it sounds very slappy and not terribly clean, if anyone knows how to assuage this let me know. I tried to fix this by running it through my MoogerFooger Low Pass Filter (I understand that this sounds counter-intuitive but there is a way of inverting it to a high pass). After I plugged it in, I heard a very common voice: that of NPR's world exploration program. Why on God's Earth is my MoogerFooger picking up NPR?!

No comments: