2009-01-24

soul party




So being in Chicago means some of the best record shopping ever.  In fact record and thrift store shopping have been occupying much of Amanda and I's free time.  I took Ben out a few times, and he was of course impressed.  But this weekend I found a couple more lil under-shopped vinyl gold mines.  

This one Salvation Army on the west side of the city netted me 11 super hard to find soul and funk 45s from the 60s and 70s.  All for 50 cents a piece.  Holy fuck, you'd think the hipsters would be all over this shit, but I guess they don't venture into the poor neighborhoods.

James Brown, Rick James, Parliament, the JBs, Herbie Hancock, Sly and the Family Stone, just to name a few.  Needless to say, I'm ready to fly out and DJ your next party.  Just let me know.



(UPDATE: don't you hate when you link images on the web, and then they disappear.  i couldn't find another 45 graphic on the internet that i like, so this will suffice.  i might just have to start taking all my own photos, that way they won't vanish...)

4 comments:

Dallas said...

Fucking awesome.

¡Tony! said...

Damn, you can't beat the family stone. Always a good find no matter what release.

Aa said...

the williamsburg syndrome strikes again... if it's not really expensive, it must not be worth buying.

tinygrooves said...

all my shit is expensive yeah. that makes me so cool.