2009-01-19

top 10 reasons I love Chicago despite being ass cold and uber snowy




1.  Chicago Public Radio
2.  Being able to see any band that is on tour
3.  Riding the L to work, or home after drinking heavily
4.  Art Museums
5.  Reading Vice and the Onion for free, and not on the Web
6.  Restaurants of every variety, such as Peruvian and Pakistani, within blocks of my apartment.
7.  Thrift stores that are even more amazing than anywhere else in the country
8.  Record stores that drive me crazy how many good records they have
9.  Living three blocks away from Lake Michigan
10. Having choices and opportunities around every corner that just do not exist in towns with less than a million people.


which is to say, I'm glad I moved.  I never was a small town person in the first place.

(ps.  this is for Aaron Young, who wanted to know how everyone's new city was treating them.)