2008-12-19

My New Year's Resolution


I'm sure I'll have around 30 resolutions before the new year rolls around but here's my first: I solemnly swear I won't make any more shitty mash-ups. I made my last one ever (yea, right) twenty minutes before my last dj set in Missoula. Needless to say, it slayed. I could work on lining the vocal up a little bit better, but fuck it. A small caveat, I didn't originally have the idea to blend these two tracks, but the RIAA and the labels pulled the track from the internet so I had to make it myself. Furthermore, for fear of Ryan receiving a cease and desist order I can really only say that it's a combination of a French filter-disco duo (no, not Justice) and two rappers from Virginia.

6 comments:

Ryan said...

Shut up Eric. Your mashup slayed and there's nothing you can say about it. As dead as mashup is, it's still alive and well with the common folk. And I don't need protecting, I can pull my own in the clink.

tinygrooves said...

yr mashups will be better once you leave missoula. anything you create in that town seems amazing cause there's nothing to compare it to.

¡Tony! said...

I think its amazing no matter where you're conceiving because sir you are quite an amazing DJ. If you need an example I point no further than the sucka free set you dropped at Markley's going away party at the Palace. Which for those of you that didn't know, Eric was blacked out during some of it.

tinygrooves said...

i dont remember much of it either sadly. but i know i kept running up to the dj booth stoked wondering what song was playing........

tinygrooves said...

my new year's resolution is to not get in that drunk ever again. blackouts and vomiting on both sets of stairs on the way out of the palace. ugh. definitely can do without that.

¡Tony! said...

I think there's a whole different standard outside of Missoula on exceptable drunken behavior. And I think you puking on any stairs in Missoula passes for ok... but only there