2008-08-20

Things I'm Hating On


1) Tattoos
Don't get me wrong, I like tattoos. Or rather, I like well placed, well done tattoos. Unfortunately, every idiot is slapping Honda logos, tribal bands, Kanji, and Old English text willy-nilly all over their body. The art form has been lost. The self-expression has been raped. What is the significance? What is the point? You suck.

2) "Fabulous"
I admittedly have a bit of a dark past. There was a time (I try not to remember) when I was... let's just say I was a bit of a fixture in the "gay" scene. The result of this was a lot of enemies as I don't exactly make a secret of my distaste for The Gays. Alas, in some haze of exhaustion, I found the word "fabulous" spilling out of my mouth and immediately had the urge to give myself tiny cuts on my legs. I cringe even when women use the word. Imagine my dismay. Do it.

3) The Gays
Oh yeah, and lesbians.

4) The End of Summer
I honestly didn't think I would be saying this. Granted, there is no way that you will catch me prancing around proclaiming this as "Best Summer Ever(!)" But I have had a lot of fun, despite the very best efforts of this world. With the end of summer comes the departure of friends, the start of a new semester, and a resounding focus on everything I'm not doing in my life. It's time for this little pony to buck up.

2 comments:

Ben said...

You know, I had a strange thought regarding the end of summer today -- I suppose, mainly, I was pissed that the rain meant no tennis, but I definitely had this flash in my head that was like "Summer is coming to an end," and there was definitely a surprising twinge of sadness. Yeah, I can't really explain it. Guess it's the usual feeling when one approaches the end of an era.

Eric said...

BEST SUMMER EVER (!)