2009-04-27

Swine Flu? Whatevs.


It's that time again! "What time?" you ask. Fucked up pandemic time!

I first read about swine flu on a French news site and my initial thoughts were: a) this is a fucking joke, or b) my French has gotten so bad that I'm mistranslating something here... SWINE flu?! I guess it's a good thing I don't like Mexico. Or pigs. Or people who hang out with pigs. Seriously, though, haven't we learned anything from SARS? In a few months this will have blown over and this time next year we'll be freaking out about dolphin flu, or something equally ridiculous. (I know that people are dying, which is sad and all, but that's how natural population control works.)

What I'm more worried about is how someone at the White House thought it would be a good idea to do a low altitude "photo shoot" of Air Force One over Tribeca. WHAT THE FUCK? That person should be on the first flight to Mexico.

Love,
Ryan

P.S. This is for Jon: &

2 comments:

Ben said...

Dolphin flu is serious business and not to be made light of, sir.

tinygrooves said...

i'm not pleased until you tag a post with an ampersand.