2009-04-08

a reason to visit chicago.


if hanging out with amanda and myself is not incentive enough*, the music fests chicago has to offer over the summer are amazing.  i won't bother you with the insane details of pitchfork fest, but i will tell you how we get to see handsome furs and flosstradamus at the division street party for a donation of a mere five dollars, and that same night we get to bounce down the street to the empty bottle to see holy fuck and the crocodiles.....and its on my birthday weekend (may 30th).  

so you kids should forget sasquatch and visit chicago.  it will be much cheaper and more fun than those other much touted over hipstered fests.......





*and perhaps ben when he actually moves here

6 comments:

O-Face said...

That sounds amazing. Handsome Furs are my new jam and I would die to see them. When I can afford it I will come out to visit. Promise!

chaz alcatraz said...

I was just poking around the other day @ plane tix and it would be even cheaper than flying for me to drive over yonder... I'm definitely coming this summer sometime if yalls got couch/floor/porch space... maybe the end of may would work better as Id be in between spring and summer semesters, as opposed to pitchforks coming the week before finals. But then again, finals can fuck off and schools pretty much a joke. In other news, Dead Weather's tickets for their first show went on sale at 10 this morning, and were sold out before 10:01 am, I was on ticketmaster at 9:58 and I still didnt get tickets. Bacci balls.

O-Face said...

CRAP I WANT THE DEAD WEATHER TO HAVE MY BABIES.

tinygrooves said...

i have the mp3s from the dead weather 7 inch if you kids need it.......

chaz alcatraz said...

Im really upset about not seeing this show. Not that Ive even listened to the last few albums the white stripes put out, but the self titled/de stijl/white blood cells records have special places in my heart, as do every last kills song ever, and a whole lotta greenhornes and I would do things in an alley I would probably regret and even let someone video tape them if need be for a ticket. Assholes are paying like 300$ for these tickets already. Fuck you ticketmaster. Is there some trick to getting a ticket online? I literally tried to buy them 3 seconds after they went on sale. Fuck. Fuck you internet.

O-Face said...

yo qiuero dead weather, por favor.