2009-03-03

songs i kicked out of my iTunes.



this may turn into a regular posting, but I was just amazed at what shit I let clutter my iTunes.  here is what i needed to kick out of my music library this week.

main target:

all decemberists.  fuck colin meloy.

the following which sounded promising in various music reviews and were a waste of bandwidth:

glasvegas
von bondies
uglysuit

the following miscellany of songs which i have no idea how they got into my iTunes, my guess has something to do with alcohol:

fleetwood mac, eminem, debbie gibson

new album on the verge of the delete button:

the new yeah yeah yeahs.  but i might share it with you first, if you kids want it.  i think it's below par.  like they decided to copy does it offend you, yeah and do a poor job.  if that makes any sense......


3 comments:

Ryan said...

I'm definitely interested in hearing the new YYYs. I have a fairly unconditional love for Karen and the gents.

tinygrooves said...

well i'll post it later. i would've posted it sooner, but i was so unimpressed. but then again, maybe the YYYs just tried to make a dancy pop record, and what's wrong with that? though i want more from them. not because of karen, but the rest of the band has been in numerable indie/noise bands, and i expect more from them.

Ryan said...

So I downloaded the new YYYs. I was really hoping you were wrong about it. Granted, I've only listened to it once, but it's pretty unimpressive. Though, had it come out in the middle of last year I'm sure I would have been more impressed upon first listen. I'm hoping it grows on me... And I'm still excited to see Karen perform, that's where she excels.