2009-03-24

Cuts Like The Knife


A quick note on a couple solo releases:

Karin Dreijer Andersson of The Knife released her first solo album today under the monicker Fever Ray. The self-titled debut sounds, for the most part, like another album by The Knife but is also being reviewed as what it may have sounded like had Kate Bush and Brian Eno ever collaborated. If you like The Knife, this is definitely a solid album. Torrent available here. And the video for the first single "When I Grow Up":



Also out today is Pete Doherty's solo effort "Grace/Wastelands". He's sobered up, lost Kate Moss to Jamie Hince, and made an awesome album. This mostly acoustic collection of songs is some of his best work. It opens with a catchy little tune and maintains a steady pace. Torrent available here.

Lately I've been having a hard time finding interest in new music which has led me to listen to a lot of Erik Satie, but these two albums have breathed new life into my playlist. Enjoy.

8 comments:

Aa said...

You gotta know I love The Knife, but this solo effort takes a bit of getting used to. It's a bit murky...murkier than usual, I mean. But I have to work on readjusting my internal BPMs anyway - they're a bit spastic these days.

O-Face said...

How does this torrent nonsense work?

Aa said...

download uTorrent. it's a program that you'll need to load. then, when you download a torrent or click on a link to a torrent, your uTorrent application will basically manage the download for you. for mac or pc. super easy.

http://www.utorrent.com/

Ryan said...

I'll try to upload the albums to divshare tonight for those who don't torrent.

tinygrooves said...

tranmission is better, but there are numerous options that work.

Aa said...

why?

Ryan said...

Because we say so.

Dallas said...

Agreed. Transmission is the superior program.

Ryan: I love that video. It's making it's rounds on the design blogs... It's beautiful.