2009-03-22

file sharing


does everyone on URFCKD have a torrent program?  

because sometimes it seems more efficient to just share the torrent locations, rather than taking the time to upload the album, and have you download it.  divshare is reliable, but always slow.  

ben miller often sends me links to other sites where i can grab the pre-lease albums, and thus short cutting all the uploading business.  but if no one has a torrent sharing program, this is a moot point.

and eric, where is my what.cd invite?  or does anyone have an invite to filemp3 or waffles?  i will post more music, if i can get into these sites.  btjunkie and mininova are not exhaustive.  i'm looking for a couple of new albums, can't find them and it's driving me crazy......

anyway i want to trade more music with you all, so please post yr new jams to the blog.  we're all too poor to buy all the music we want....though i definitely spend more on vinyl than i should.......

7 comments:

Ryan said...

I torrent. And I know Dallas does.

chaz alcatraz said...

experimentaldental.com
free/donation download of new chizam...
a second listen, and i reneg/cleared up any doubts (which i mentioned a moment ago on John's spot...) this album is damn boss.
i would also reiterate the broader question of: best filesharing sites for mac? sites to stay away from? setting up a torrent? how to tie shoes?

O-Face said...

I don't torrent and I doubt my computer would put up with it. It's a p.o.s with a temper. I have no issue with Divshare though.

Ryan said...

Chazy Alcatrazy:

I (also) use Transmission and have never had an issue with it. If you download Perian it will take care of any issues with playback of various file types.

As far as sites are concerned, my favorite is thepiratebay.org (the layout is a little less cluttered than others) though I also use btjunkie.org when I'm having a hard time finding things.

Aa said...

I've been using uTorrent and it's fine and all that for Mac.

chaz alcatraz said...

Ive done a minute of research, but none of it has yielded an answer as to whats the score on viruses and bad things via torrent downloads? I ask, because I needed to grab camofleur by gastr del sol, which aint no soulseek never had for the last year, and what do I find but the near exhaustive jim orourke collection (minus brice glace, but I didnt mull over the files as theres something like 33 cds...). It was posted in january, but with no comments (thus red characters); would it be safe to assume there aint anything harmful within that torrent, since it has a "safe" rating, or should this be held suspect? I only have the 'noone can write viruses for mac etc' ramble ive heard before, but is this foreelio? i lean towards doubting this...but I dont know the score here...

tinygrooves said...

statitics is on the mac side. 90% of the world uses PCs so that's where the focus of most of the computer killing viruses is going to lie.

i tend not to download files with weird extentions or txt files, and haven't had any problems, transimission lets me select which files within a torrent i want to actually download....

rar and zips i will do even though who knows what you're going to get when you unpack then. though its doubtful someone would put a virus in a jim o'rouke album. unless there are really fucking mean hipsters out there.........