2009-02-05

Rub on It





I've mentioned this site to a few of you, but I thought I would finally get around to sharing it with all. Some friends and acquaintances from my NYC days used to run a blog called Crackers United. It was basically a forum for a bunch of friends to share some culture. This evolved into regular loft parties, which, with a little bit of exposure, a lot of friends, and some great connections evolved into a monthly show called Friction. I was there for the first couple (above is the poster for their first show), but left the fair city before it got big. Nowadays, Crackers United has become Friction NYC and they throw one hell of a monthly show with KEXP featuring everyone from Crystal Castles, Fuck Buttons, Health, and These New Puritans, to Japanther.

I have to say that when we started this blog it was always a quiet goal of mine for all of us to eventually live near enough that we could do something similar.