2009-02-22

Reading: It's an Adventure


I used to have a Mickey Mouse tshirt that said that, and Facebook notes aside, I thought I would briefly discuss the progress of my resolution to read more.

Currently, I'm reading three books:
"Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand
"The Will to Whatevs" by Eugene Mirman
"The Wanderers" by Richard Price

Thus far, I hate to say this, but I've been a bit underwhelmed by "The Will to Whatevs". It's possible that I expected to much, but it hasn't really been enticing me the way I thought it would. I was convinced I wouldn't be able to put it down, but it hasn't been that much of a challenge.

As far as "The Wanderers" is concerned, it is definitely a high school level book, and has also failed at keeping my attention. It's good, but reminds me a bit too much of "West Side Story" and "The Outsiders".

I've put off reading any Ayn Rand for a very long time (a decade, in fact) which I think, ultimately, was to my benefit. I am loving reading this book. I actually look forward to reading it, which is a big change for me, as of late. I find myself trolling the internet and then remembering that I'm reading "Atlas Shrugged" and feel like an idiot for opening my computer in the first place.

No comments: