2009-02-22

You'll Never Walk Alone (Or: How The Blog Earned a Theme, Maybe)


So Ryan and I were talking music tonight, I convinced him to listen to Pink Floyd and I think I made him somewhat of a believer that it is not stoner-space rock. Anyways, they sample "You'll Never Walk Alone" in their song "Fearless" from the album Meddle. The song is sung religiously at Anfield stadium by Liverpool FC supporters before and after games and while I'm an Arsenal fan (much like Roger Waters), I believe the sentiment rings true. This being said, I guarantee you, you'll never walk alone. Even more convincing, the group that initiates the singing is called the Liverpool Kop(pas?). So here are both versions:



3 comments:

Ryan said...

I admit, I honestly never thought I would listen to Pink Floyd and enjoy it but this song is pretty fucking amazing, lyrically and otherwise.

tinygrooves said...

i've always been a fan of early pink floyd cause syd barrett is one of the best psych rock songwriters....his solo album and especially the floyd album piper at the gates of dawn......

but any other floyd album is a little too overplayed for me. dark side of the moon i could do without ever hearing again.....especially after it was the subject of a reggae cover of its entirety.... what could be worse.....

but yes pink floyd is worthwhile, just that i want to kill their fans most of the time........

chaz alcatraz said...

As a Portishead fan, you ought give Ummagumma a gander too- painfull to the short attention span though it may be, its worth its salt.