2009-02-10

I Looked Left, and This Went Right.

I think I need to start paying attention to what's going on around me. For serious. I seem to miss a lot of what's worth noting, probably because I'm usually running on sensory overload. You know: listening to music while playing the Wii, trying to write while chatting with Ryan on AIM, watching movies while surfing the net, perusing music blogs while playing Wordscaper, or just having 96 fucking tabs open... It's got to stop. For me, at least.

Case in point: I DJ-ed at KBGA all of last year, which means I usually had access to new releases, usually a week or two before they were actually released. I'm friends with a group of music savvy folks. I have at least twenty music blogs bookmarked, and I check them pretty regularly. Sure, I don't consider myself a 'music person,' but dammit! I like music, and I try to at least keep up with what's new and notable.

-HOWEVER-

I somehow completely missed Passion Pit's Chunk of Change EP, which was released in September of last year. What's sadder, I distinctly remember downloading at least one of their tracks from Elbows. And you know what?

It's pretty fucking awesome.

So, on one hand, I'm mad that I somehow managed to maintain a long-standing ignorance re: Passion Pit, but on the other hand, I'm kind of glad: it has (marginally) brightened my otherwise dull days here in Limbo. It's all dance-y (in a 'wave-your-arms-around-like-you're-drowning/interpretive-dance' kind of way, which is perfect for me) and all sappy-romantic-y (also perfect for me) and kind of gives me butterflies. And since the full length album is 'scheduled to be released in early 2009,' I feel like Passion Pit has potential to stay on my heavy rotation for at least a large part of 2009.



Here's the EP, in case anyone else missed it:


BONUS!

"Sleepyhead (Wallpaper Dio Remix)"

Other Stuff I'm Currently Interested In:

-I'm pretty stoked for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance- Now With Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem! I love Pride and Prejudice. I also love zombies. From what I've gathered, the guy who wrote How to Survive A Horror Movie has just interjected Austen's original text with zombie scenes... Which could potentially be Awesome (capital 'A') or retarded. Either way, it's on my book-list for 2009.



-THIS IS THE RADDEST PERSONAL LIBRARY IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING WORLD.

-This website both horrifies and amazes me.

-Finally, Nikki Farquharson's project "Rebuilding Expressions" takes all of those annoying little proverbs that people spew at you in cliche situations and 'updates' them for modern American society. It contains such pithy gems as:

THE BLOG IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD

and:
KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE AND YOUR ENEMIES ON LIMITED PROFILE.

and:
THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE REHAB.


Ok. That's all. I'm tired now. Goodnight.

P.S. I went out to smoke, and the clouds were arranged around the moon like this:

~ (°)


(With the ° being the moon.) And of course, all I could think was, "Penis-> Vagina."

Although, that would be a rather crooked penis. I have sex on the mind. Grr.

1 comment:

O-Face said...

I feel you on that, babygirl. it seems these days I have nothing BUT sex on the mind.

P.s. thanks for the music, passion pit is amazing.