2009-05-09

re tweet



a thought from the poptimist column on pitchfork....tony, ben and i are all on twitter and it serves as a hilarious fun way to keep in touch.  not to say anything about being informed if shows you're about to go to are sold out or if eugene mirman is doing a secret show at a hipster bar somewhere in chicago in an hour.......

you kids love blogger, facebook and txting.  so why not get on twitter?  i would love to be at work and laugh my ass off at something ryan cote or aaron young tweeted?  or have a rant from eric or dallas just end up on my phone in the middle of the day.  tony and i seem to be keeping in contact a bit more since twitter enabled us to have another channel of communication.  and ben and i play some twitter version of who found better records in the used bin today?  

it's just that i find myself a little too apathetic to blog personal info with any regularity.  does anything i did tuesday warrant a whole 400 word blog post?  but on any given day you might get much more out of my following my tweets.  i don't carry my laptop with me everywhere but my phone rarely leaves my side.

the only reason i bring this up again is that this blog's main point was to keep us kids connected.  and twitter is becoming just as useful as facebook for keeping in touch with people... but not if no one joins.  and yes read the linked article at the beginning of the post.  yes there are drawbacks to the format.  but that is the case with any new format.  you can let stupid people ruin everything...............

4 comments:

Dallas said...

Well... When you put it that way:

twitter.com/reluctanttweetr

¡Tony! said...

Tweet tweet

Eric said...

Fine. Your persistence has struck a chord(s). twitter.com/themaninthesea

Ryan said...

Ugh! Now I feel like I have no choice but to join. I'm having a hard time coming up with some witty username so it might be awhile. Any suggestions?