2009-05-18

Commence Sumratime.

It was 80º today, and the weather forecast for the rest of the week puts Billings between 80-95º.

Know what that means?

GARDENING!

It's a little known fact that I possess not one, but
two green thumbs. I love gardening. Yay for gardens! 

I have tomatoes, and four different kinds of bell peppers, and three different kinds of squash, and eggplants, and swiss chard, and Walla Walla onions, and strawberries, and cantaloupe, and watermelon, and cucumbers, and jalapeños. And I planted my herb boxes with licorice basil (which tastes like that gum my parents brought back from Israel), and sweet basil, and cilantro, and chives, and garlic chives.

I also have a couple three of oriental and icelandic poppies that are ready to go in the ground, as soon as I find a spot for them. Planting poppies reminds me of Jared.

Anyway.

This is what I listened to (on repeat) while I gardened and worked on my farmer's tan:


So. You guys should come visit and I'll cook you dinner, fresh from my little plot of joy.(Additional Incentive: I'm something of a culinary goddess these days. Turns out, when I have nothing else to do and someone else is footing the bill, I'm a prime candidate for one of those cooking-themed reality T.V. shows. For serious.)

No comments: