2009-05-28

My Arm Itches Like Hell! (Or: How is My Life So Awesome?)


Quick update on the ol' life:

1) Got a new tattoo of a laurel wreath on my forearm. (See blog title.) Also, the day I got it done I had a wicked allergic reaction to the lotion I put on it which hurt twenty times worse than actually getting the tattoo did, to the point that I kind of wanted to amputate my arm at the elbow.

2) Last night I went to see this band called Ssion (pronounced "shun") not expecting too much but intrigued nonetheless. The were billed as a queer electropop group so I was a little concerned I'd want to stab myself in the face, but it turned out that they were kind of really fucking amazing. Also, turned out that they're touring with Fischerspooner who decided to open for them with a few songs which was seriously fucking incredible. Dance party magic ensued and I found myself rather star struck. The night was one of the best I've had in a very long time and nearly ended in me going to Fargo, ND. Definitely made some new friends.

No comments: