2008-10-08

leaving noises...not to be confused with arriving noises...


I will soon be joining the ranks of folks who were formerly missoulians.

It is not leaving Missoula that I am struggling with...it's making preparations to leave that is the trouble. Ive got too much crap and can't possibly take it all with me. Besides the exception of 60% of my closet, my records, coozies, tuna and my mother's trunk (oh and the back seat of the v. smokes van that is now mine), most of the things I possess will have to go. Liquidation sale? I don't know how to go about the weeding out process. If any of you want to accumulate more things, let me know if theres anything you have your eye on. Especially art and a set of dining room chairs.

And if anyone wants to get in on a garage sale of epic proportions, I bet that would help my situation as well.

It's weird how people don't tell you that they appreciate you or the things you do until you tell them you're moving away. I think it's just the nature of human folk.

2 comments:

tinygrooves said...

Don't worry. It's a relief to get rid of most of the shit you collect, despite how cool it seems. Amanda and I dropped off three Saab loads of stuff to the Goodwill, even before we had a garage sale.

You'll feel better once you get out. I promise

Ben said...

Yeah, it is always such a crazy time, right before you leave. So many things to get done; people to see; stuff to sell, give away, or simply leave near a dumpster. Strange too how when you first get on the road, it's a totally strange feeling of floating in between things. Being in limbo. It's that brief moment where you are truly free and weightless. I'm rambling now. But yeah, glad to hear you're heading for new things.